Kale Chips My Husband Actually Likes...
Updated: Sep 9, 2019
Sometimes I find it difficult getting my husband to actually like new veggies. He is down for giving them a try but honestly he just prefers to drink a green drink and be done with it! Except when it comes to kale chips, he loves them so kale is a staple in our house!
To start off, the one tip I will tell you is you have to massage the kale with your hands so be prepared to get your hands messy! I typically just dump my kale into a bowl (after it has been washed of course) and coat it with the oil and massage it with my hands. This helps break down the kale so it is softer and gets crispier in my opinion!
Also Instead of foil I recommend parchment paper! It is less toxic and eco-friendly!
Pro tip- to help it stick crinkle the parchment paper up first then spread it out!
Kelsey's Kale Chips
1 Bunch Kale
1-2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
1/2 tablespoon Sea Salt/Himalayan Salt
1 teaspoon Paprika seasoning
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. You will first wash and dry your kale, it is very important that the kale is dry before you apply the avocado oil. Next put the kale in a bowl and pour enough oil to coat all the kale, this can vary depending on how big your bunch is.
2. You will massage the kale for a couple minutes until all pieces are covered and you can feel the kale getting softer.
3. Lay your kale out on your baking sheet
4. Mix together your salt paprika and garlic seasoning in a bowl according to size of your kale bunch- about 1 teaspoon of paprika and garlic powder and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Sprinkle over kale.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes- keep a close eye on it the last 5 minutes as you may need to take a few pieces out early! You will know they are ready when they are dark green with a tinge of brown in some places and feel crispy throughout!